Long-term investors are frequently urged to invest in stocks in order to gain from compounded growth. Compounding is a crucial concept to grasp in order to fully comprehend the advantages of long-term investing. Because the interest received on the initial capital earns interest, the value of the investment grows at a multiplicative pace rather than an additive rate, compounding is analogous to a multiplier effect. The steeper the growth and wealth creation curve, the higher the rate of return. To give an example, a one-lakh investment at ten percent compounded over twenty years can grow to 6.722 lakh, yielding a fantastic return of 672 percent on capital.
Companies are run with the primary goal of making money, and they aim to increase earnings as much as possible. However, it is their diverse plans and decisions that shape their road to progress throughout the process. This characteristic separates the lucrative from the unprofitable, the profitable from the unprofitable. The profitable ones pay out a lot of money to their shareholders.
A company’s growth is determined not only by its size but also by its operational efficiency, which is a gradual process. Management strategies make or break a company’s growth path, and as investors, we must always examine a company’s business model. While running a firm, it is also necessary to maintain a macro view and consider numerous aspects such as government policy, interest rates, and stakeholder claims (including debt and equity holders), among others.
How to Evaluate Best Stocks to Buy Today in India For Long Term?
Best stocks for long term is a combination of a company’s ‘quality of business and its stock’s ‘price valuation’ that can influence the decision of buying stock. The second step is to evaluate the industry in which the company operates. An investor should consider how the industry will evolve in order to determine whether there will be sufficient demand for the company’s future expansion.
The FMCG sector, for example, is a dominating topic that has seen spectacular expansion. India is a developing country with great economic prospects, as the country’s disposable income increased, so did the share of processed food consumption, benefiting corporations like Britannia. If an investor had bought Britannia at 196 per share in 2010, he would have achieved a return of 400 percent in just ten years. Compounding’s power is demonstrated in this example. So, if the industry is predicted to grow, a company with excellent fundamentals in that sector will do well if all the cards fall in its favour.
HDFC Bank is another example of a great growth story. With the spread of banking, the financial industry has seen rapid growth in the country. Banking equities experienced large inflows and increased dramatically as banking grew and became structured. With an upward-moving trend in its charts, HDFC Bank was a member of this rally. Its revenues have risen from 16,314 crores in 2010 to 1,22,189 crores in 2020, representing a 25% CAGR, while the stock has risen from 210 per share to 1,385 per share, representing a 660 percent increase over ten years, excluding dividends paid by the business.
These are instances of how a firm rises over time to generate large returns for its owners, and as an investor, you must be patient and participate in the full rally, regardless of the smaller ups and downs.
How Do You Spot Exceptional Businesses?
It all begins with a simple observation. After reviewing previous financial reports, one should concentrate on:
- Profit & Profitability: ROIC (Return on Invested Capital) is a financial ratio that provides a more realistic assessment of a company’s profitability. You can also learn about the ROCE formula, which is a profit metric similar to ROIC.
- Future Growth: Past trends can be used to predict future growth statistics. Sales, profits, EPS, dividends, net worth, and other factors might provide a good estimate. A prosperous company that is also rapidly expanding can be an excellent investment.
- Management: The business’s strengths are influenced by the quality of management. The senior managers’ ethics, qualifications, and competence all have a part in the stock’s long-term performance.
- Competitive Advantage: Every industry has its own goons, which gives it a competitive advantage. Knowing everything there is to know about all of your significant competitors and their strategies will assist you in making an informed selection.
- Price Valuation: The four elements listed above determine whether or not the underlying business of the companies is good. However, it is also necessary to consider the stock’s price appraisal.
Top 10 Stocks to Invest in Right Now
- Adani Ports
- Apollo Hospital
- Asian Paints
- Axis Bank
- ITC Limited
- Avanti Feeds
- Caplin Point Labs
- Eicher Motors
- Coal India
There are a plethora of other excellent stocks to consider. Along with the above handful of the options listed and tcs share price here have proven to be popular among investors and are regarded as effective long-term investments.
Read Also: 5 Most Popular OTT Platforms in India