Cybersecurity is gradually gaining a lot of popularity right now. There is an uncountable stream of stories about viruses, common data breaches, hacking, and many more, which signify the demand for cybersecurity experts in the modern market. The individuals are moving forward, and their career with cybersecurity appears to be thoroughly prepared for success because numerous businesses I’m looking forward to safeguarding their online presence. To cope with the aids of the developing and evolving job market, developers have come up with the CompTIA PenTest+ certification. Appearing for the certification exam can prove to be a perfect option for individuals. Keeping the device safe from the preachers out there trying to cause harm is quite fascinating.
The individuals moving forward with CompTIA PenTest+ are also known to have high-paying designations in various reputed organizations. A fascinating job that provides a higher salary is a rare combination, and numerous candidates seem to enjoy the job. The vital query that arises in the minds of every candidate is the right way to prepare for the certification exam of CompTIA PenTest+. Individuals need to know all the crucial aspects related to the examination. After that, they can move ahead with the steps and resources to prepare for the test.
What is the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam?
The certification of CompTIA PenTest+ is an utterly vendor-neutral credential that requires individuals to demonstrate their cybersecurity skills in the organizations. The certificate is a practical accreditation validates the competencies essential for a professional penetration tester generally at the intermediate level. This certification program spans numerous fields of penetration testing. It provides individuals with the crucial tools to check and overcome primary technical hurdles while performing pen tests.
The certification of CompTIA PenTest+ takes into account all the general principles, techniques, and technologies that are essential for penetration testing and assessment of a safe Information Technology infrastructure. The industry also recognizes CompTIA PenTest+ as a foundation-level credential that every professional needs to carry.
More about the certification exam:
The certification of CompTIA PenTest+ certification checks and enhances the foundation level skills in understanding required by the individuals to assess the security of applications, networks, mobile devices, and host systems. The certification exam covers the following topics:
- The very first topic which the individuals need to study is planning and scoping. The next area will emphasize the significance of significant aspects and planning of compliance-oriented assessments.
- The very second woman of the course is vulnerability identification and information gathering. In this domain, individuals should learn about collecting information for vulnerability scans, analysis, exploitation, and analyzing the outcomes of all the activities.
- The third woman of the course talks about Attacks And Exploits. The following is one of the most critical domains in the course, which exploits networks, applications, wireless, and RF-based vulnerabilities. The following also summarizes the physical security attacks by performing post-exploitation techniques.
- The fourth domain covers assessment on the penetrating accessories. The following is also one of the most binding domains in the course. The individuals will learn about gathering exercises by conducting information and various tools to analyze the output and basic scripts, including PowerShell, Ruby, Bash, and Ruby.
- The last domain of the course will teach the individuals about Communication And Reporting. The following can also be considered the most influential women of the course, which talks about making correct report writing and taking care of the best practices explaining recommended mitigation planning for discovered vulnerabilities.
Read Also: Complete Guide to 1and1 email settings
Hence, CompTIA PenTest+ is one of the most outstanding credentials meant for professionals and companies operating in a penetration testing capacity in the industry of Information Technology. The following certification validates an essential understanding of enumeration, central scanning, exploring tools, and powerful frameworks and principles used to deliver these devices.
With the rising cases related to the hindrance of security in the IT industries, the top sectors opt for CompTIA PenTest+ professionals to secure their databases. Moreover, these professionals are paid in bulk and have the required knowledge to provide a safe environment for professionals in the industry. Thus, CompTIA gains higher significance in the success ladder.