Are you enjoying with your little one entry? You may be already guided by your doctor with the big list of food chart, which you need to include and avoid for your better health and your baby isn’t? Yes! Here, we have listed out a few foods that you should exclude from the diet right after the delivery. Now, find out, the foods you need to stay away as it can affect your baby’s health. So, keep reading the post to know more about what those foods are! Raw Confessions
List of foods that new moms should avoid:
Here is the list of foods you need to avoid as it can affect your little one. According to the research, the type of foods the new mom consumes will have some effects on breast milk. So, avoiding them is best to protect the new-born from affecting health.
1) Fish: Fish is a rich source of DHA and EPA, which are the major types of omega-3 fatty acids. The major form of omega-3 fatty acid is present in the fish, which are required for the development of the brain during the infant stage. But, one of the major drawbacks of having fish is the high mercury content present in it. The high mercury content can delay cognitive development, fine motor skills, language delays, etc. To protect the baby health, it is better to avoid ingesting fish while breastfeeding.
2) Gassy vegetables: Yes, The gassy vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, green peppers, and onions can bring stomach pain in the babies. The primary thing one needs to focus is either to avoid these vegetables completely during breastfeeding or include them only in the completely cooked form.
3) Alcohol: Drinking alcohol can negatively affect your child’s development and also affects the supply of breast milk. But, if you had alcohol it takes 2 hours to metabolize hence you can resume your breastfeeding only after 2 hours.
4) Peanuts: Peanuts may bring allergic reactions to your baby, especially if any of your family members have a peanut allergy. If you don’t know whether your baby is allergic to peanuts then watch out for the signs like itchiness, hives, and rashes in the baby. If your baby develops any of the symptoms, report to the doctor immediately. Buy baby products from a trusted online drugstore and get them delivered directly at your doorstep.
5) Caffeine: If you are addicted to coffee, then you may need to stay back for a while as the baby can’t digest the caffeine present in the coffee. But, if you are in dare need of coffee, then wait until your baby takes a nap.
6) Dairy products: Adding dairy products in the new mom’s diet are not at all a good task. Some babies are allergic to dairy products. Hence, if you feel your baby is developing allergy try to make your diet a dairy-free for a few weeks and check whether those products are the triggering agents for your cause.
7) Wheat: Bloody stool in babies? Then gluten intolerance may be the culprit. Also, if your baby has a painful tummy or have fussiness, then eliminating wheat is the best option to go, unlike dairy products. Stop allergy-inducing foods for a while and reintroduce them slowly one at a time, which helps you understand the triggering agents that bring allergy in kids.
8) Herbal supplements: Only certain herbal supplements are safe to include while breastfeeding, but the majority of them are not. So speak to your gynaecologist before you add them in your diet.
9) Processed foods: The healthy, balanced diet is so important to include during the breastfeeding. Avoid processed foods as they are rich in calories, unhealthy fats, and low in fibres and nutrients. All these may induce allergic in the just born!
10) Citrus fruits and juices: The compounds present in the citrus fruits and juices can irritate the lining of the stomach. Yes, diaper rash is one of the common issues faced by the babies, which may also be caused due to the intake of citrus fruits. If you are craving for the citrus fruits, then try having mango or any other fruits of your choice.
11) Chocolates: Chocolates are rich in caffeine and sometimes it may hinder your little one’s sleep. Before you, munch on your favourite brand, try consuming only a few pieces of it and keep a track on your baby’s runny stool or check whether there is a disruption in the little one’s sleep schedule.
When to consult the doctor:
Though most of the cases can be managed by eliminating the triggering foods, experiencing severe bouts of allergic symptoms in babies need to be reported immediately to the paediatrician. Proper assistance and immediate medical intervention can ease the symptoms. If medicines or syrups are prescribed to ease the issue in the new-born, order them from the best online pharmacy store in India and avail amazing medicine discount on every order you place.