Although confidence is essential for nailing any swimwear style and looking fabulous on the beach, it isn’t always enough to randomly choose a swimsuit for your body type. Shopping for a swimsuit may appear to be a time-consuming and tough task, but once you understand your body language and choose a style that compliments your form, you’ll have one of those figures that everyone admires in no time. Fortunately, women’s swimsuits are now available in a wide range of colours and forms, like tummy control swimwear, and there’s a beautiful style for every figure size and type. All you must do is analyse your silhouette and determine what is and is not good for you. Here are a few stylistic suggestions to remember when looking for swimwear that flatters your body to assist you in your swimwear search.
Get to know your body shape.
Knowing your body form is the most important factor in selecting the ideal swimwear for you. If one kind of swimwear looks fantastic on your friend, it doesn’t mean you’ll look amazing in it as well. If you’re unsure what shape you are, measure your waist at its widest position, waist at its narrowest point, and bust at its biggest point. Compare your measurements to the following body form interpretations:
Pear, spoon, or bell shape (triangle upward): Pear body shapes are defined by hips broader than the waist and bust. Women with a pear shape have a larger posterior, a tiny bosom, and thick thighs.
Apple or v shape (triangle downward): An apple body shape is characterised by a waist much larger than the waist and equivalent to or nearly equal to the bust. Compared to the rest of the body, apple-shaped women have smaller thighs, a larger chest, and a larger belly.
Hourglass or x-shaped (opposing triangles facing in): The iconic hourglass body shape is defined by a woman’s breast and hips being almost the same breadth and a much smaller waist. The legs, hips, arms, chest, and back are usually the first portions of the body to grow.
Straight, banana or I shape (rectangular): A woman with a straight body form has a narrow waist, hips, and breast with no notable difference between them.
Swimwear with a slimming effect
- If you’re looking for the best slimming swimwear, choose stretchy one-piece swimsuits.
- A tummy control swimwear can help you trim down your form.
- A one-piece swimsuit with lace or mesh inserts is also a good option, as it provides coverage while being fashionable and attractive.
Choose the right cut
- Hide your waist with a one-piece or a high-waisted swimsuit. Consider a dress with darker tones or shirred pockets over the midriff.
- A tankini will elongate your silhouette and draw attention to your waist.
- No matter what colour, boyshorts make the waist appear broader.
- High-cut bikini bottoms elongate legs.
- Halter tops, triangle tops, and tie-front bikini tops emphasise the chest, while bandeau tops make the chest appear wider.
Last but not least, focus on the fit rather than the size while buying a swimsuit. Try a size larger if the swimsuit appears too small for you. Please take note that it expands a little when wet when you’re wearing a swimsuit. You can also use different accessories and wraps to disguise specific regions while appearing trendier. Always remember the most crucial accessories: self-assurance and a bright smile!
Read Also: How to find a perfect swimsuit?