Hairstyling products like curlers, straighteners, and blow dryers may give you great-looking hair, but they do significant harm to the health of your hair in the process. To avoid hair damage from hair styling equipment, follow these five simple recommendations. Using a curling or straightening iron can help you get the perfect hair texture for your desired appearance. Sadly, using one daily might harm your hair and cause breakage. There are techniques to limit the harm done by hot styling irons if you insist on using one. Keep your hair strong and healthy by using the appropriate iron and using it correctly. You may also use products that assist in strengthening your hair. Use a high-quality iron to prevent smudging. For avoiding damaging your hair, it’s essential to use a straightening or curling iron composed of a gentle substance. Cheap irons are frequently constructed of metal that does not heat uniformly, so your hair may easily be damaged by the heat from the iron. A higher-quality iron will cost more, but it will last longer and do minor damage.
1. Before you straighten your hair, make sure it’s scorched.
If you use too much hairstyling product, your hair can become brittle. When using a hair straightener on damp hair, the risk of hair damage increases.
Step 1: Use an excellent shampoo and conditioner to clean your hair.
Step 2: Spray your hair with a heat protection spray and a tiny amount of serum. Your hair will be softer and easier to maintain after using this serum.
Next, use the straightener to get people’s attention.
2. When curling your hair, be sure to use a curling iron with temperature control.
If you’re curling your hair using a curling iron, be sure to choose the correct setting for your hair type. Use a high heat setting if your hair is naturally curly and thick. If you have fine, manageable hair, lower the heat setting to avoid burning it. Use a low heat level and work your way up to a higher heat setting if you often don’t use a curling iron.
Make sure to take care of your hair once you are done with curling as well. Taking care of your curly hair is as much important as curling your hair so make sure you are doing it correctly. Oiling, washing, drying, styling everyday need to be done with so much care. Wet hairs could be extremely vulnerable so make sure you are drying them off properly. Use appropriate towels and dryers. Here’s a quick guide for you: What Are the Best Hair Towel for a Curly Hair? Published by Mizu Towels, this article will help you choosing the best towels for your hair.
3. Hold the dryer at the correct distance while blow-drying your hair to prevent damage.
A blow dryer has two purposes: it removes moisture from the hair, and it styles it. Hold a blow dryer roughly 10 inches away from your hair while removing moisture with it. Hold your hair 5-6 inches away from your face while styling it to avoid causing damage.
4. Quality counts when it comes to hair styling tools.
For preventing hair damage, it’s essential to use the correct style tools, such as hair straighteners, curling irons, and dryers.
- Curling iron: A curling iron should have different heat settings to accommodate hair types and textures. Adjust the heat to the appropriate level for your hair’s texture as necessary. Hair damage might occur if you use a low-quality hairdryer with just one heating setting.
- Hair straighteners: also known as flat irons, should have numerous heat settings and plates composed of silicone. The silicone plates shield your hair from damage with a layer of protection.
- Blow dryer: A Heat-distribution device such as an electric blow dryer is best since it uniformly disperses heat over the whole surface of the device.
Here are a few fast curling iron tips for your convenience:
- When using a curling iron, make sure the clip faces front and that you clip your hair closer to the root than usual. After that, use the curling iron to make a ringlet-style bun out of your locks.
- For looser waves and curly looks use the bigger barrel; for tighter rings, use the sma
- ller barrel.
- The sort of curl you receive depends on how you wrap your hair around your iron. See what we mean in the illustration above!
- Curling unwashed hair is much simpler! There are several advantages to avoiding washing your hair every day, as you can see here.)
Read Also: Top 3 email marketing platforms for newbies
Some quick flat iron tips:
- A Good rest and long sleep helps the hair to grow longer
- To get the best results with a flat iron, clamp your hair a little above mid-length, then twist your wrist away from your face. As you drag the flat iron towards your ends, make sure your hair is still wrapped around the barrel.
- To get a consistent curl every time, pull your hair through the clamp as quickly as possible while ensuring it remains in place.
- Sectioning your hair will make your curls smaller, and pulling it through the iron will make your curls tighter.
- Braid your hair and then pass it through your flat iron for ideal beach waves.